Council meeting minutes from 2019-08-06
minutes of the students' representative council for study programs of computer science
|Present:||Julian Baldus, Clemens Beining, Adrian Dapprich, Simon Döring, Sven Ehses, Henrik Köster, Benedikt Schardt, Sven Tangermann, Kai Vogelgesang, Annabelle Weber, Alexander Rogovskyy, Nicolas Schmitt, Stella Wohnig|
|Minute taker:||Adrian Dapprich|
We have merch left over from last year's and this year's Next (~300 bags)
We voted unanimous in favour of giving them to Janeatte.
For the next Next we will order less merch because there is always a lot left over.
It would cost our student council 50 Euros to send a team to the Ersti Clash tournament.
There are doubts wether other student councils can afford the 50 Euros and can find enough volunteers to participate. However if the Ersti Clash will take place we will participate.
A student approached us that the exam inspection of Prog1 is not organized well. They were not able to take notes which is done to prevent students from writing down the exercises.
Other courses could use the CMS so that students can apply for the exam inspection (like in Infosys)
We don't think that not being provided course materical for cross reference (except in cases where the course material was wrong) and not being able to take notes is that much of a problem.
We will talk about this problem during the Dean's lunch.
The same student alleged that we have the right to copy our exams. We will ask him to tell us where exactly this is written.
Step & Campus Rallye
Benidict asked people to come forward with giving simple "How to" format courses, e.g. about linux/latex.
Alex & Simon will help Julian B. with the campus rallye.
Sven E. plans to do 1. a Kneipentour with students from other majors and 2. a Kneipentour with other student councils to get to meet them.
Clemens will make a doodle to find the date.