Council meeting minutes from 2021-02-23
minutes of the students' representative council for study programs of computer science
|Present:||Lukas Abelt, Nils Alznauer, Julian Baldus, Clemens Beining (till: 19:03), Adrian Dapprich, Simon Döring, Mohammadmahdi Koochali (till: 19:12), Manuel Messerig (from: 18:26), Lisa Raber, Max Walter (from 18:36, till: 20:11), Simon Anell (till: 20:24), Nicolas Erbach, Atul Jha, Munem Shahriar, Gideon Geier (till: 20:13)|
|Minute taker:||Lukas Abelt|
In the previous council meeting we elected Nils and Lisa to be part of the Bioinformatics examination committee. They both agreed to be on the committee.
We have two more committees to vote on:
* Data Science and AI:
- We propose to elect Ankit since he studies DSAI. Additionally Lisa has volunteered to join the DSAI committee.
- We cannot vote on this today since Ankit is not present. However there were no concerns raised from the council members
* Computer Science:
- Simon Döring and Lukas Abelt volunteered to join the committee.
- The council unanimously voted to send them
In the last year we voted in favor of supporting the new examination regulations. This decision was very rushed and concerns have been raised from the students regarding the changes we approved.
One of the proposed changes include that when changing majors failed attempts get transferred over. Currently this is not the case if it is the first change of study and it happens within the first two semesters.
After a lengthy discussion, the council notes that the changes proposed will overall result in very strict regulations which will make it harder for students to pursue a degree.
The council concludes that we made a mistake in supporting these proposed changes.
The council voted on the following matter:
"We as a student's council made a mistake regarding our decision of December 2020 to support the changes to the study regulations. We no longer support the proposed changes"
In favor: 7
Simon and Nils will compose a mail to Prof. Reineke regarding our concerns and decision.
Game licenses for Online Game Nights
* Manuel informs us that he got approval for buying the Jackbox licenses we requested
* He and Adrian will work on setting up emails for the corresponding steam accounts
* Manuel will inform us once everything is set up