Sitzungsprotokolle des Fachschaftsrates

Present:Lukas Abelt, Nils Alznauer, Julian Baldus, Clemens Beining (till: 19:16), Debangana Chakraborty (till: 19:13), Adrian Dapprich, Simon Döring, Mohammadmahdi Koochali (till: 19:14), Manuel Messerig (till: 19:13), Lisa Raber, Karl Schrader, Daniel Wägner, Max Walter, Nicolas Erbach, Alexander Rogovskyy (from: 18:52), Munem Shahriar
Moderator:Nils Alznauer
Minute taker:Lukas Abelt



We need to make a decision soon regarding the furniture we could get from the psychology department since they want to switch out theirs mid-may.
Julian has made some measurements in the Verfügungsraum and suggest we have space for at least one additional couch and one-two armchairs in there.

Beste has suggested in the Telegram group that the black couch and two red armchairs would be the best choice. Other members suggested that we shouldn't just add more furniture if we have no clear need for them as they could clutter the Verfügungsraum.

The council voted on the following matters:
1. Should we get additional furniture at all?
In favor: 9
Abstaining: 2
Against: 1

2. Shall we follow Bestes recommendation to get the black armchairs, some of the colorful pillows and one or two (depending how much are available) red armchairs?
In favor: 10
Abstaining: 2
Against: 0

Karl will get in touch with the psychology department and will inform us when we need to pick them up to get some help in doing that.

Ragey Kummerkasten

We have noticed that a lot of students are contacting us frustrated/raged about certain professors or lectures. In a lot of these cases it is hard for students to actually get in touch with the professors or they are too afraid to confront them directly.

Lisa suggested we introduce something like a Kummerkasten where students can (anonymously) direct this feedback to and we can contact the professors in their stead.

Usually we have a physical mailbox for this in front of our room but of course at the moment students can't use that/don't know about it. Additionally students can anonymously leave feedback in CMS. Students can also leave anonymous feedback via the Qualis evaluation at the end of a semester.
We first of all should make students aware of these opportunities.

However that leaves the problem that not all lectures use CMS/Qualis. Generally we suggest that students should just contact us via our available mail addresses:

We will also shortly make a post on our social media channels to raise awareness on this.

StuPa Elections

The StuPa elections are coming up pretty soon. The StuPa is similar to the students council only that it represents all students at university.

Information about the election can be found at:

We will make a post on our social media channels to make people aware of the elections.

Status on Molecular Microbiology

Lisa has contacted Prof. Römisch about possible alternatives regarding Molecular Microbiology. She has offered that they take part in their 8CP lecture in some reduced form as the original lecture is only worth 3CP.
However the examination office has ruled out this option.

Unfortunately by now it is too late to find any solution for this semester. As for the future we should get in touch with the professors early so that the lecture will be offered sometime in the near future.

New Professors

Clemens has suggested that we invite the new professors from the Bioinformatics and Computer Science department to a meeting so that both we can get to know the professors and they are aware of our work at the council.

Clemes further suggested that a small group could meet up with them in person. After that we would invite them to our next regular council meeting so that they can use the first ~15 minutes to introduce themselves.

Clemens will send them a mail shortly. Pleanty of members have volunteered to be part of the "in-person group". We will organize who exactly will meet with them on short notice based on whoever is available.

Student's Council Game Night

Reminder for everyone:
This SATURDAY (15.05.2021) we will host our first own virtual game night on our discord server. We start at 7 PM so make sure to be there :-)

Link to our discord: