Sitzungsprotokolle des Fachschaftsrates

Present:Lukas_Abelt, Nils_Alznauer, Julian_Baldus, Clemens_Beining (till: 19:08), Debangana_Chakraborty (till: 19:12), Adrian_Dapprich, Simon_Döring, Mohammadmahdi_Koochali, Manuel_Messerig, Lisa_Raber, Daniel_Wägner, Max_Walter, Nicolas_Erbach, Alexander_Rogovskyy, Robert_Francois, Nico_Dornblüth, Mohammed_Elsayed, Malak_Rechih, Malak_Rachih (from: 19:19)
Moderator:Nils Alznauer
Minute taker:Lukas Abelt


New Semester Regulations / Staysio App

The university has recently announced that the upcoming winter semester will be offline.

The student's council has several concerns regarding this announcement:
* How will lectures be available for (international) students who can currently not come to Saarland due to travel restrictions etc.? - This is especially problematic as the semester was originally announced as a hybrid semester

We have announced these concerns with the faculty and they will discuss this with the senate.
According to our current information at least for the CS department all lectures are trying to offer a digital alternative (Except for exams)

Our second concern is regarding the use of the Staysio app that is used for contact tracing.
Multiple questions were posed to this:
* How will data be handled that student's fill out in an analog way (On paper) -> Will it be entered into some sort of database?
* Is there an alternative for students/professors if they do not want to use the Staysio App?
* If and how is the 3G status recorded, stored and processed(from a technical side)?
* Can lecturers use an alternative contact tracing solution?

The student's council also wants to point out the poor communcation on these issues from the university side. The student's council is not happy with the current solution of using Staysio because of the limited information available.

We will contact Erich to address all these questions.

Student Printer

We recently got a new printer in the council room. Currently it is not fully setup but once everything is setup it will offer a lot of advantages over the old printer.

At the moment the new thesis print system is not fully setup but student's can still contact us for thesis print.

Once the new system is fully setup all students have to register anew to use it.

Campus Rally by FSR

We are still in contact with AStA regarding the Campus Rally/Tour we wanted to do for new students. However they currently have no precise information how and if they can do it.

We will reach out to Erich to find out if and how we could offer such an event.
Several council members have offered to help with guiding the tours.

StEP Current Status

The StEP team updated us on the current planning status of the StEP. The schedule for the international StEP is nearly finished, for the regular bachelor StEP some things are still yet unclear.

For the Master StEP the planning is also going along well and the schedule is nearly done.

Appointment Committees

There are currently one new appointment committes and one defense that we were asked to appoint committee members for.

The following council members have volunteered for the committees.

Alexander-von-Humboldt Professur:
* Simon D.
* Alex

* Daniel
* Nils

MfI 1 lecture in the upcoming semester

Prof. Bender has contacted us regarding the upcoming MfI 1 lecture.

He suggested a meeting with us to discuss how the lecture will be handled in the upcoming semester. Several council members are interested and available and will arrange a hybrid meeting with them later this week.

Students Survey

Nils has prepared a summary of our summary we held a short while ago. He discussed the findings of this survey with Erich on what and how we could implement some improvements.

Nils will share the protocol of Erich with us and we will discuss our ideas in one of the next meetings.