Council meeting minutes from 2022-11-28
minutes of the students' representative council for study programs of computer science
|Present:||Alexander Rogovskyy, Max Walter, Lukas Abelt, Clemens Beining (till: 19:12), Simon Döring, Manuel Messerig, Sophie Kohler, Lisa Raber (till: 19:12), Munem Shahriar, Nicolas Erbach, Karl Schrader (till: 19:32), Anton Voran, Mona Schappert|
|Minute taker:||Anton Voran|
Anton and Max presented the current updates for the winter party. We were not able to contact the Tafel, however we have information material from the Kältebusse. We calculate with 300 attending people and thus will prepare plenty of food. There is a preliminary shift plan, which is very tight, so every helping person is welcome. If anybody has their own cup, you are welcome to bring it with you as it reduces waste. We will also ask the SIC for helping us with advertising the event. Our posters are also almost finished, we will start with advertising soon.
There will be another game night on 02th of December. There is a doodle in the telegram group. Manuel needs some help with construction and deconstruction. We will sell cocktails again as it went very well last time. If you want to bring your own games, we are very happy about that.
Prof. Valera and Prof. Maggio have been offered jobs from other university. We would like to keep them here and thus are organising an torch run on November 30th, 16:00. There will be some additional motivation (Glühwein). Lisa will heat it up while we are walking. Clemens and Manu will be walking wih us too.
The pub crawl went really well, no pub is angry at us (for the first time). There were not as many people present as have signed up, so there were less groups than planned. Resolving that was chaotic in the beginning, so we would like to collect feedback, especially be the co-organisers.
We have the option to get a donation of computer-science books. We agree that we would like to take them in and thank the donator a lot.
Channel for Junior Students
Advent of Code
Advet of Code will start from Thursday on. We will promote it on social media, discord and our website. The SIC will also promote it on their website.
We had the offer from the bioinformatics if we want some lockers. They could fit into E1.1, such that people can charge their laptops while going to Mensaar. This is a good idea as the lecture halls in E1.3 do not have power outlets.
We voted on this (6 in favour, 0 against, 1 abstaining)
Karl is offering the council to donate an oven and stove. This would be beneficial as some members are here until late evening and thus would be able to cook proper food. Also it would be possible to offer students more hot food during events thus improve our service to students.
The only caveat is that we need to ask the university whether this is allowed.
We voted on whether we want a new stove (6 in favour, 0 against, 1 abstaining).
Alex fixed our Mailsystem. You can see all information under https://mail.fsr.saarland/.