Temporary curfew due to the Corona pandemic (March 20, 2020)
Implementation of the Infection Protection Act (IfSG)
Dear Ladies and Gentlemen,
the novel coronavirus SARS-CoV-2 has spread worldwide in a short period of time Every effort must be made to prevent further spread.
On the basis of the responsibility of the Ministry of Social Affairs, Health, Women and Family for infection protection measures to be ordered nationwide in accordance with § 54 of the Infection Protection Act (IfSG) in conjunction with § 1 para. 2 of the Ordinance on the Responsibilities under the Infection Protection Act of 12 September 2016 (AmtsBl. I p. 856), the following is issued on the basis of § 28 para. 1 sentence 2 IfSG in agreement with the Ministry of the Interior, Building and Sport
- Everyone is encouraged to reduce physical and social contact with other people outside the members of their own household to an absolute minimum. Wherever possible, a minimum distance between two persons of 2 m must be maintained.
- Restaurants according to the Saarland Restaurant Act and other catering establishments of any kind are prohibited. Excluded is the pick-up and delivery of takeaway food.
- Leaving one’s own home is only permitted if there are good reasons.
- Good reasons are in particular:
- the exercise of professional activities, the use of emergency care or the passing of examinations,
- the use of medical and veterinary care (e.g. visits doctors, medical treatment; blood donations are expressly permitted) and visits to members of the assisting professions where this is medically necessary (e.g. psycho- and physiotherapists)
- supply routes for the elementary basic needs of daily life (e.g. going to grocery stores, weekly markets, beverage markets, pet shops, DIY stores, garden centres, mail and packet shipping businesses, pharmacies, drugstores, medical supply stores, opticians, hearing aid acousticians, banks and ATMs, post offices, petrol stations, car repair shops, dry cleaners and laundries, newspaper kiosks). Shop owners must take precautions to ensure that the minimum distance is maintained both inside the business premises and on the outside premises.
- visiting life partners, the elderly, the sick or people with disabilities (outside facilities) and exercising custody in the relevant private area,
- the accompaniment and assistance of vulnerable persons and minors,
- accompanying the dying, and funerals within the immediate family circle,
- Sport and exercise in the open air without group formation over 5 persons,
- making urgent appointments with authorities, courts, bailiffs, lawyers and notaries,
- the holding of meetings by honorary members of organs of institutions, corporations and foundations under public law,
- individual silent contemplation in churches, mosques, synagogues and houses of other faith communities A distance of two metres must also be observed here.
- actions for the care of animals.
- Other shop premises of tradespeople whose entry is necessary for the receipt of services or work are closed to the public. The provision of the service or work outside the shop premises is permitted.
- The regulatory authorities are required to monitor compliance with the curfew. In the event of a control, the person concerned must provide credible reasons.
- An offence against this general ruling can be punished according to § 75 paragraph 1 No. 1, paragraph 3 of the infection protection law.
- This general ruling shall enter into force on 21 March 2020, the day after its announcement, and shall be valid up to and including 03 April 2020.
- So far
- the general order of the Ministry of Health, Social Affairs, Women and Family to close day-care centres, large day-care centres for children and curative day-care centres and events and gatherings of a larger number of people
- the general ruling of the Ministry of Health, Social Affairs, Women and Family and the Ministry of the Environment and Consumer Protection on the implementation of the Infection Protection Act (IfSG) and the Shop Opening Act (LÖG SL) of 16 March 2020 on the event and operating bans on the occasion of the Corona pandemic contain deviating provisions, such provisions shall cease to apply upon the entry into force of this general ruling.
- This general ruling is immediately enforceable.
- The police force shall be available for administrative assistance; the tasks of averting danger according to the Saarland Police Act shall remain unaffected and shall continue to exist.
More Info: https://www.saarland.de/SID-13D62E75-7214DFAC/254312.htm